Friday, October 10, 2008

Wisdom Tooth

Few years back I had to extract out both my upper Wisdom Tooth as it's really such a pain yet it was an easy process to get it removed. The reason they are called Wisdom Tooth or Teeth also known as Third Molars because they usually appear during a person's late teens or early twenties which has been called the 'Age of Wisdom'. Quite a number of people will face problem when Wisdom Tooth grows as their jaws are not large enough to accommodate all four wisdom tooth.

As for my case, recently my lower jaw on the right side Wisdom Tooth giving me lot's of pain and swelling which cause by infection on my gum. The lower jaw of the wisdom tooth is not easy to extract out as surgery is needed on most cases as after a while I decided to removed both my wisdom tooth on the lower jaw. The surgery took less than an hour to complete while I was still conscious and given anaesthetic injection to numb my entire jaw (Seriously I didn't feel anything till the effects ware off).

Right now I'm going through recovery after the surgery which feels alrite except that have no mood to eat anything or should I say can't eat any solid food for the first week... Yet what I feel its best to removed both out rather than going through the same process again in the future. If any of you faces difficulties due to your wisdom tooth, my advice is get it removed as soon as possible rather than delaying it. Of course the pain will go away when taking antibiotic but sooner or later the pain will come back again and worst part is that your neighbouring tooth will be affected till have to be removed as well when you decide not to remove your troublesome wisdom tooth in long term...

1 comment:

v.e.r.n.i.e said...

Gosh.. u had all four?!! wise man..wise man..ahaha..