Tuesday, January 04, 2011

RockMelt - A Social Media Web Browser

I'm very sure that those who constantly and addicted to Facebook or Twitter will surely love this social media web browser - RockMelt.

Got to know about RockMelt few months back as that time I'm only allowed to sign up to receive invitation using my Facebook account. Till now I have not receive any invitation yet i revisit http://www.rockmelt.com
To my surprise, I was able to download it once I log in with my Facebook account.


After checking around, I found out that this social media web browser developed by Tim Howes (Co-inventor of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) and Eric Vishria (Co-founder and CEO of RockMelt)

RockMelt is based on Google's open-source project Chromium, current integration mainly on Facebook, Twitter and Feeds which uses Push Notification Service. 

At the moment you need to have a Facebook account to receive an invitation.

My Facebook and Twitter account on RockMelt Web Browser

YouTube video by TheRockMelt

It's fascinating to see how well the integration of Facebook and Twitter done on this web browser. I believe it can be improve further to support other social media but for now I will try it out and give more review.

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

interesting.. now on firefox.. might try rockmelt :)