Friday, August 24, 2007

MapKing 2007

I have been using MapKing 2007 ever since i got my HTC P3300 which it has built-in GPS. Initially i had hard time to understand how it function as the interface is not truly friendly and I don’t understand most of the features that is being displayed. Still, i took some time to read the manual and I was stupid enough to find GPS signal in my room which it’s basically impossible to get any signal. So i ended up done most of the test outside my house and truly I was happy that it actually works.

Basically I’m using MalSing Malaysia map and sad to say that the map don’t even have detail road map within my housing area. Still the most important part is too see the functionality of the software and how accurate is the navigation provided to me when I’m traveling.

MapKing 2007 on my phone took quite some time about 1 minutes to pinpoint and connect on the GPS signal which it’s troublesome if I’m rushing out. During my travel i find that the routing and distance provided is quite accurate but still stupid in a sense where the route recommended sometimes is not logical. Basically I could drive straight and pass under the flyover highway but the route provided by MapKing 2007 directed me to go above the flyover highway which has traffic light and drive back down from the flyover highway…

Various test has been done in different location and i find that the route to Kuala Lumpur is really not reliable at all but maybe is because I’m using MalSing Malaysia map. So i would take some time to acquire different version of map and see the outcome.

In term of battery usage, it’s best to have a car charger while using MapKing 2007 as it require extensive amount of power as i estimated a full charge battery could allow about 3 ~ 4 hour usage. It’s sufficient to be use but considering that it’s my mobile phone i still need to use it for communication purposes which it’s not a good idea if my phone runs out of battery.

The benefit i gain from using this software is knowing more location and it’s much more easy for me to travel to new places that I rarely go but still I would rather rely on my driving instincts as this software is not 100% reliable. I’m going to test out more and it’s still too early to conclude the functionality of this software but at least I’m glad I have one to try out~

No comments: