Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2.5 Terabytes For Now

hdd1

This is four stack of hard disk I have with tons of japanese animation, software, tv series and movies. The past few years price of per Gigabyte constantly drop which getting higher capacity hard disk is more affordable. Till now I have 2.5 Terabyte of SATA external storage space which not added yet on my desktop~

hdd4

I was more hoping to purchase 32MB cache but as always the demand for that model always ran out of stock yet I'm fine with 16MB cache as I'm more focus on storage capacity and performance is second priority.

hdd2

Here is a simple list of storage space conversion:
1 Terabyte = 1024 Gigabytes
1 Terabyte = 1048576 Megabytes
1 Terabyte = 1073741824 Kilobytes
1 Terabyte = 1099511627776 Bytes

And here is a conversion which in the near future we might going to reach:
1 Exabyte = 1048576 Terabytes
1 Exabyte = 1024 Petabytes
1 Exabyte = 0.000976563 Zettabytes

To makes things simple:
Byte > Kilobyte > Megabyte > Gigabyte > Terabyte > Petabyte > Exabyte > Zettabyte

hdd3

Sarotech HardBox FHD-354US2, The box I use to transfer almost all my SATA hard disk which this model is fully advance aluminum for good heat dispersion and eSATA supported for high speed data transfer.

2 comments:

v.e.r.n.i.e said...

i'l grab some good movies and tv series from u soon ya..XDDD..

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.