Monday, September 01, 2008

MaxiVista: Multi Monitor Software Solution

I started using MaxiVista for about a month now and really impress on this multi monitor software as I carry two laptop to work and MaxiVista allow me to extend primary screen to my secondary laptop screen with just one mouse to control both screen. Usually this can be done by plugging additional CRT or LCD monitor plug but in this case I don't have an additonal monitor to use.

What you can see on the photo here is three laptop installed with MaxiVista Mirror Pro, the middle laptop is the primary where the left and right side laptop is the extended which I open up a Windows Media Player then enlarge it to all three screen (Can't really see much but I'm sure it works). MaxiVista is able to extend up to four screens and all this is just connected through LAN or WAN, also MaxiVista Mirror Pro allow user to control multiple screen base on the actual laptop host system.

I find it convinient to have this multi monitor software where I can open multiple word document to do cross referencing while copy and paste is also possible. Furthermore, development task is much more flexible by having more wider screen to work around. The best part for me is get to control all my system with just one mouse but it would be great to have options to control each keyboard base on the extended screen rather than just the primary system keyboard.

No comments: